2. PREPARE: Get ready…Get Set
A. Environment ready:
- Decide on dates and payment method
- Book airline and car:
- Plan to arrive in Austin by 1:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Plan your return flight Sunday after 12:00 noon
- Hotel suggestions: The Westin Austin at the Domain, Renaissance Austin, the Four Seasons, Travaasa See: http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotels/309/austin-tx.
- Note: travel times within Austin. Dr. Books is approximately 35 minutes NW of the airport, about 20-25 minutes from downtown and about 15 minutes from The Westin, Renaissance and Travaasa. There are also numerous hotels in the 78750 and 78759 zip codes that are 8-10 minutes away.
What to bring: Pack swim suit (for infrared sauna), walking shoes,(for taking walks and doing mild exercises (brainercises), comfortable clothes, optional: earphones and CD player
Send in two test kits: Upon receipt of payment, you will be sent two kits:
- Follow the instructions and end in the Analytical Research Lab (ARL) without payment.
- Send in and Neurogistics or Neuroscience test kits directly to lab with payment)
Clear your calendar ( so you are totally present during the program)
Decide who will handle your business while you’re away; answer emails–so you don’t get distracted.
Plan ahead for your re-entry. Allow time to settle into your new self.
B. Body ready:
- Start weaning yourself off sugar (you’ll be staying off it for 6 weeks. So start now).
- Cut wine down to one glass /day.
- Increase your water consumption
- make a list of current vitamins and medications
- Optional: start a food diary
- Get enough sleep the night before so you don’t start out exhausted
C. Mind ready:
- Plan to do minimal business during the five days
- Plan to sleep more than usual (“It’s gonna happen”). Integration and progress happens during post treatment resting the brain and body.
- Start your “Noticing Journal:” How does your dyslexia show up today (it may change from day to day); what did you notice in your interactions with others; what is your self-talk today; how did your dyslexia show up in communication today in business, with friends, with family; what foods, people, events affected your mood today? Your efficiency?
- Decide who will handle things in your absence…so you remain fully present.
- Others ready: Prepare others
Prepare family, business for your not being there for 5 or 7 days.
What to tell others and ask of them:
What I want you to know: I want you to be informed, be excited, be supportive, and not negative and doubting or naysaying to my decision.
Here’s what I’m doing: I am flying to Austin, Texas to do a Brain/Neuro Boot Camp. It’s an intensive, personalized, one-on-one training with a doctor who specializes in neuroscience. She helps people’s brains work more efficiently and she really understands entrepreneurs.
Why I’m doing this: I want to invest in my brain and I want to take it to the next level. There is some rewiring I’m going to have done, so I’ll have a solid foundation for new strategies and programs.
Results I’m expecting: If I’m like her other clients, I’ll be more efficient with my time, think more clearly, read better and remember and comprehend more, be more creative, communicate more clearly and be easier to be around.
What I think about this: To do this in 5 or 7 days is a great investment of my time, and everyone around me wins too! (Fair warning: One of her follow-up strategies is to make sure I surround myself with people who support me and my vision…If you’re a naysayer, beware.)